Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Macon in Warren County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

William Miller

 
 
William Miller Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Vincent, September 2, 2013
1. William Miller Marker
Inscription.  Governor, 1814-1817; state legislator and attorney general; U.S. Charge d'Affaires to Central America. Lived three miles north.
 
Erected 1991 by North Carolina Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number E-37.)
 
Location. 36° 26.48′ N, 78° 4.05′ W. Marker is near Macon, North Carolina, in Warren County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 158 and Church Hill Road (North Carolina Highway 1335), on the right when traveling west on U.S. 158. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Macon NC 27551, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nathaniel Macon (approx. 3.7 miles away); a different marker also named Nathaniel Macon (approx. 4.9 miles away); Bragg Home (approx. 5 miles away); Warrenton Male Academy (approx. 5 miles away); John Hall (approx. 5.6 miles away); John H. Kerr (approx. 5.6 miles away); Horace Greeley (approx. 5.7 miles away); John A. Hyman (approx. 5.8 miles away).
 
More about this marker. This is a replacement marker. The original was erected in 1948.
 
Also see . . .  North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program website.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
with additional information on William Miller and this marker (Submitted on October 21, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia.) 
 
Categories. Politics
 

More. Search the internet for William Miller.
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 21, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. This page has been viewed 302 times since then and 21 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on October 21, 2013, by Kevin Vincent of Arlington, Virginia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement