Marion in Perry County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
The Alabama Baptist
Since 1919, The Alabama Baptist has been published in Birmingham as an entity of the Alabama Baptist Convention.
The original office of The Alabama Baptist, located across from Siloam Baptist Church, was moved to the Judson campus in 1997 and restored.
Erected 1998 by Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 37.73′ N, 87° 18.983′ W. Marker is in Marion, Alabama, in Perry County. Marker is at the intersection of Dekalb Street and Bibb Street, on the right when traveling east on Dekalb Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 309 Dekalb Street, Marion AL 36756, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judson College (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Siloam Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Nicola Marschall (approx. Perry County Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Muckle's Ridge (approx. 0.3 miles away); Marion Military Institute (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Marion Female Seminary (approx. half a mile away); Confederate Rest (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marion.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Communications •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 8, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 405 times since then and 58 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 8, 2013, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.