Mansfeld-Lutherstadt in Mansfeld-Südharz District, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
(original nach / by C. Spangenberg)
Als Scherren bezeichnete man im Mittelalter Verkaufsstände an denen frische Lebensmittel gehandelt wurden.
Dies waren vorwiegend Fleisch und Brot.
Daher werden sie in der Chronik auch als Fleisch und Brotbänke bezeichnet.
In the vernacular, later also called Murre.
As one called Scherren in the Middle Ages
Stalls, selling fresh food being traded.
These were mainly meat and bread.
Therefore, they are referred to in the chronicles as meat and bread benches.
Location. 51° 35.591′ N, 11° 27.161′ E. Marker is in Mansfeld-Lutherstadt, Saxony-Anhalt, in Mansfeld-Südharz District. Marker is on Junghuhnstraße just east of Lutherstraße, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mansfeld-Lutherstadt, Saxony-Anhalt 06343, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mittelalterliches Straßenpflaster (here, next to this marker); Mansfeld um / in 1560 (a few steps from this marker); St. George's, Martin Luther's Home Church (a few steps from this marker); War Memorial Luthers Schule / Luther's School (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Luthers Schule / Luther's School (within shouting distance of this marker); Mansfeld Brunnen / Well (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Luther Fountain / Lutherbrunnen (about 120 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mansfeld-Lutherstadt.
Also see . . . Mansfeld Tourism. (Submitted on November 22, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Agriculture • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 22, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 337 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 22, 2013, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.