Sanford in Seminole County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Fort Mellon Park
Erected 1938 by Sallie Harrison Chapter D.A.R.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 28° 48.713′ N, 81° 15.785′ W. Marker is in Sanford, Florida, in Seminole County. Marker is at the intersection of East 1st Street and Pine Avenue, on the right when traveling west on East 1st Street. Touch for map. Marker is located on the grounds of the Sanford Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 520 East 1st Street, Sanford FL 32771, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Henry Shelton Sanford (here, next to this marker); Sanford's First Residents (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Bishop Block (approx. 0.2 miles away); Citrus to Celery (approx. 0.2 miles away); The E. E. Brady Livery Stable (approx. 0.2 miles The Whalers Saloon (approx. 0.2 miles away); The U.S. Post Office (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Meisch Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sanford.
Also see . . . Fort Mellon Park. City of Sanford (Submitted on November 27, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 26, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 359 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 26, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.