Wilson in Niagara County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Log House Built in 1818 by Reuben Wilson
Erected 1976 by Wilson Historical Society.
Location. 43° 18.476′ N, 78° 49.822′ W. Marker is in Wilson, New York, in Niagara County. Marker is on Young Street 0.1 miles west of Bay Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in front of the second house before the bridge, westbound on Young Street from downtown. Marker is at or near this postal address: 273 Young Street, Wilson NY 14172, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Corner of Pettit and Bay Street (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Greenwood Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wilson Collegiate Institute 1845 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pettit Street and Chestnut Street (approx. 0.2 miles away); Tabor Bridge (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lake Street and Young Street (approx. ¼ mile away); First School House (approx. ¼ mile away); Park and Harbor Streets (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilson.
Regarding Site of Log House Built in 1818 by Reuben Wilson. Reuben Wilson, founder of the Town of Wilson, built a cabin and moved here in
Please see the Wilson Historical Society link below for more information about Reuben Wilson and this site.
This house is now in the Village of Wilson, incorporated 1858.
References: The Wilson Story Part I, Wilson Historical Society Newsletter, Volume 39, no. 3, March 2010. Croop, Donald W., Wilson Sketchbook, Wilson Historical Society, 1994.
Also see . . . Wilson Historical Society. (Submitted on December 2, 2013, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 2, 2013, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 246 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 2, 2013, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.