Near Grove City in Meeker County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Arndahl Lutheran Church
1868 – 1991
We dedicate this monument to our church-going fore-fathers who did so much to build the kingdom of God in this community. In 1868 a group of early settlers set their hands to the establishment of Arndahl Lutheran Church. The first service was held in the home of Ole Larson in Acton, and it was conducted by Rev. T. H. Dahl. The name, Arndahl Lutheran Church, was derived from Rev. Dahl's name and the first child born in Danielson Township, Arnt Hanson. It was officially named "The Arndahl Norwegian Danish Church" at a meeting in January 1871, $170.00 was pledged toward the building of a church. The first service was held in the completed church in November of 1874. Music was always an important part of Arndahl and it was known as "the singing church". Nineteen pastors have faithfully served our congregation.
Because of Arndahl Lutheran Church we continue to grow in grace as committed servants of Christ our Lord. We have been guided, sustained and spiritually blessed. We thank and praise God for his abiding love.
Location. 45° 4.823′ N, 94° 41.983′ W. Marker is near Grove City, Minnesota, in Meeker County Touch for map. Marker is in Arndahl Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Grove City MN 56243, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Acton (approx. 1.7 miles away); Acton State Monument (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Acton Incident (approx. 1.8 miles away); Andreas Olson (approx. 3.1 miles away); Ness Lutheran Church (approx. 4.8 miles away); Ness Cemetery State Monument (approx. 4.8 miles away); Backlund / Lorentson Monument (approx. 5.6 miles away); Wheeler Lake Camp (approx. 7.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Grove City.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 5, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 491 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on December 6, 2013, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.