Morpeth in Northumberland, New South Wales, Australia
Historic Arnott Bakehouse
During the 1860’s the bakehouse was operated by the Arnott family of Arnott’s biscuits fame and is the only known industrial building associated with the establishment of the Arnott’s baking business in Australia. The Arnott family made a great contribution to Australia’s development and provided an example of hard work and entrepreneurial business activity for others to follow. The owners are directly related to William Arnott and his brother David, who operated the Bakehouse originally, and are committed to the conservation of this historic Bakehouse.
As the bakehouse is in imminent danger of collapse, emergency structural works are proposed in order to prevent the permanent
Project is being carried out by Allison and Stephen Arnott with major funding support from:
The NSW Government
Private gift giving
Erected by NSW Heritage Office.
Location. 32° 43.491′ S, 151° 37.525′ E. Marker is in Morpeth, New South Wales, in Northumberland. Marker is at the intersection of Swan Street and Berkeley Street, on the right when traveling west on Swan Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 144 Swan Street, Morpeth, New South Wales 2321, Australia.
Also see . . . Arnott's Biscuits. This site is a video presentation on the history of Arnott's Biscuits. (Submitted on December 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 495 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 10, 2013, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.