Derry-Londonderry in County Londonderry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
City of London
Bore 4.8," Length 120,"
Sent to the city in May-June 1642 by the
Worshipful Company of Mercers.
Probably cast by John Browne at one of his works in Kent.
Location. 54° 59.692′ N, 7° 19.177′ W. Marker is in Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland, in County Londonderry. Touch for map. Marker is on Newgate Bastion, on the City Wall walking path, about 50 meters northeast of Ferryquay Street. Marker is in this post office area: Derry-Londonderry, Northern Ireland BT48 6EF, United Kingdom.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Newgate Bastion (here, next to this marker); Ferryquay Gate (within shouting distance of this marker); The Walled City (within shouting distance of this marker); Newmarket Street (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Ferryquay Gate (within shouting distance of this marker); Artillery Bastion (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Demi-culverin Cannon (about 120 meters away); Austins Department Store (about 150 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Derry-Londonderry.
Also see . . . Ordnance at the end of the Elizabethan Age. (Submitted on January 3, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 3, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 367 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 4, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.