Glen Rock in York County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Glen Rock Woolen-Flour & Feed Mill
In 1983, after 131 years of service, the mill ceased operating and in 1984 the building was converted into a restaurant. In December 1893, Israel Glatfelter added the front building to his mill and moved his clothing store in. This was the first building in town to have large glass display windows.
Erected by Glen Rock Historic Preservation Society and PeoplesBank.
Location. 39° 47.687′ N, 76° 43.956′ W. Marker is in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania, in York County. Marker is on Water Street. Touch for map. On the South side of the building, visible from the rail trail. Marker is at or near this postal address: 50 Water St, Glen Rock, PA 17327, Glen Rock PA 17327, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Creek and Rail (within shouting distance of this marker); The Original Glen Rock Carol Singers (within shouting distance of this marker); Trains, Grains, and More Trains (within shouting distance of this marker); Cold Spring Hotel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Roland Forrest Seitz (about 400 feet away); Item Building / Bixler's (approx. 0.2 miles away); The First National Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Glen Rock Auditorium (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Glen Rock.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 4, 2014, by Bill Barkley of Westminster, Maryland. This page has been viewed 320 times since then and 17 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on January 4, 2014, by Bill Barkley of Westminster, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.