Walterboro in Colleton County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Walterborough Library Society
Est. 1820 - Inc. 1821
First location on present site of
St. Jude's Episcopal Church
Moved in 1845 to land given by
Richard B. Bedon
Now used by the
Colleton County Historical Society
Erected by Colleton County Historical Society.
Location. 32° 54.259′ N, 80° 39.562′ W. Marker is in Walterboro, South Carolina, in Colleton County. Marker is on Wichman Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Walterboro SC 29488, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hickory Valley (a few steps from this marker); Bethel Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Walterborough Academy (approx. 0.2 miles away); Colleton County Veterans War Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); Colleton County Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Confederate Monument (approx. 0.4 miles away); Walterboro (approx. half a mile away); Walterboro Jail (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Walterboro.
Also see . . . Walterborough Library Society. (Submitted on April 15, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 14, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 988 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 14, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.