Montgomery in Montgomery County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Lucas Tavern / Lafayette
Stood four hundred yards
north of this point
Spent the night here
April 2, 1825
Erected 1980 by the Peter Forney Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 32° 22.871′ N, 86° 18.221′ W. Marker is in Montgomery, Alabama, in Montgomery County. Marker is at the intersection of East Jefferson Street and North Hull Street, on the left when traveling east on East Jefferson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: East Jefferson Street, Montgomery AL 36104, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lucas Tavern (a few steps from this marker); William Lowndes Yancey (within shouting distance of this marker); Ordeman House Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); Thompson Mansion (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Abram Mordecai / Mordecai's Cotton Gin (about 300 feet away); Ray W. Scott Jr. Founded Bass Anglers Movement (about 700 feet away); Montgomery and Electricity / Hydroelectricity in the River Region The E. L. Posey Parking Lot (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Montgomery.
More about this marker. Originally erected in 1932 and replaced in 1980.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 9, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 19, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 293 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 19, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.