Laurel in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Old Stone Methodist Church
Methodism was founded in Laurel March 11, 1840. Remains of the church and adjoining cemetery were demolished in the 1950's. It's successor was built at 424 Main Street in 1884.
Erected 1999 by First United Methodist Church.
Location. 39° 6.512′ N, 76° 51.533′ W. Marker is in Laurel, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Hill Road and 9th Street, on the left when traveling west on Park Hill Road. Touch for map. Marker is about 250 feet west of the intersection along Park Hill Road. Marker is in this post office area: Laurel MD 20707, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Methodism in Laurel (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Water From the Dam Powered the Cotton Mill (about 600 feet away); Laurel Cotton Mill and Dam (about 600 feet away); Laurel Factory: (about 600 feet away); Laurel Factory: A Mill Town (about 600 feet away); Laurel Harnessed the River to Power the Cotton Mill (about 700 feet Laurel Harnessed the River to Power the Cotton Mill (about 800 feet away); Casula Point (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Laurel.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 22, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,111 times since then and 9 times this year. Last updated on March 3, 2014, by A. Taylor of Laurel, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 22, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.