Pensacola in Escambia County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
From 1763-1783 the Bishop of London licensed priests to administer here.
The Parish was organized in 1827.
Chartered by Florida's Territorial Council in 1829.
The Rev. Addison Searle was the first rector.
During the rectorships of the Rev. Benjamin Hutchins and of the Rev. Ashbel Steele this church was built being completed in 1832.
The Rt. Rev. Jackson Kemper D.D. made the first episcopal visitation in 1838 and consecrated the church to the worship of God according to the Anglican Rite.
Location. 30° 24.551′ N, 87° 12.615′ W. Marker is in Pensacola, Florida, in Escambia County. Marker is at the intersection of South Adams Street and East Zarragossa Street, on the right when traveling south on South Adams Street. Touch for map. Tablet mounted near church entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 405 South Adams Street, Pensacola FL 32502, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Firefighter Vista S. Lowe (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Original Site of First Baptist Church (about 300 feet away); William Bartram Trail (about 400 feet away); De Soto Trail / A Port with Promise Mooring Anchor (about 500 feet away); John Wesley Hardin (about 500 feet away); Piers, Ports and Wharves: A Look At Pensacola's Waterfront (about 600 feet away); The Commanding Officer's Compound (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pensacola.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 12, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 637 times since then and 117 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 12, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.