Morgan Mill in Erath County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Morgan Mill Tabernacle
The community of Morgan Mill, named for early settler George Bryan Morgan, traces its history to the mid-19th century. A post office was established in 1877. Several community church congregations shared a brush arbor in the summers for revivals and other meetings. In 1910 the brush arbor was replaced with this permanent structure, named the Morgan Mill Tabernacle. In addition to serving the churches, the tabernacle also was used by the local school and other community organizations. It remains in use as a community gathering place.
Erected 1994 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3472.)
Location. 32° 23.288′ N, 98° 10.074′ W. Marker is in Morgan Mill, Texas, in Erath County. Marker is at the intersection of U.S. 281 and Farm to Market Road 1188, on the right when traveling south on U.S. 281. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morgan Mill TX 76465, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wesley Chapel Cemetery (approx. 7.1 miles away); Oak Dale Cemetery (approx. 8.4 miles away); Daniel Roberts Thornton and Mary Anna (Garland) Thornton (approx. 11 miles away).
Also see . . . Morgan Mill, Texas. (Submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Entertainment • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 411 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 15, 2014, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 3. submitted on March 16, 2014, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.