Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
The Mississippi Federation of Women’s Clubs, organized in 1898 in Kosciusko, moved into this headquarters building in 1936. Designed by architect Robert Naef and built by the Works Projects Administration, the structure is of the Georgian-Revival style. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
Erected 1998 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 32° 19.626′ N, 90° 10.542′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is at the intersection of North State Street (U.S. 51) and East Woodrow Wilson Avenue, on the right when traveling south on North State Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2407 North State Street, Jackson MS 39216, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Belhaven Historic District (approx. 0.4 miles away); Union Battery Position (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fairview Inn (approx. Kate McWillie Powers Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Lampton Estate (approx. half a mile away); Millsaps College (approx. 0.6 miles away); Belhaven University (approx. 0.7 miles away); Eudora Welty (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Regarding MFWC Headquarters. MFWC Headquarters was originally housed in the Attala County Courthouse in nearby Kosciusko, MI.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . . Mississippi Federation of Women's Clubs, Inc. Founded on May 25, 1898 and a member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs since 1904. (Submitted on March 30, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Civil Rights • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
More. Search the internet for MFWC Headquarters.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 30, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 377 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 30, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.