Kosciusko in Attala County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
The Mississippi Federation of Women’s Clubs was founded here on May 25, 1898. Organized by Mrs. Fannie Clark Coleman of Kosciusko, charter clubs included Clarksdale, Jackson, Verona, Sallis, Okolona, Vicksburg, and Meridian. Mrs. D.N. Hebron was elected as the first president. The MFWC joined the General Federation in 1904.
Erected 1998 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 33° 3.472′ N, 89° 35.404′ W. Marker is in Kosciusko, Mississippi, in Attala County. Marker is at the intersection of South Jackson Street and West Jefferson Street, on the left when traveling north on South Jackson Street. Touch for map. Marker is located at the southeast corner of the Attala County Courthouse grounds. Marker is in this post office area: Kosciusko MS 39090, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hurricane Creek (approx. 4.1 miles away); Cole Creek (approx. 14˝ miles away); Bethel Mission (approx. 15.1 miles away).
More about this marker. This courthouse is where
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Categories. • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 30, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 410 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 30, 2014, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.