Tallahassee in Leon County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Trinity United Methodist Church
Ten people met at the home of a Mr. Myers on the fourth Sunday of September in 1824 to organize the congregation that was to become present-day Trinity United Methodist Church. That first group of people worshiped in a wooden building, on the corner of what is now Park Avenue and Bronough Street.
In 1840, the Methodists built the stuccoed brick building, pictured above center, on this current site. In 1845, the year Florida became a state, the Florida Methodist Conference was organized here at Trinity. The church built another building, pictured above, on this same site in 1803. In 1964 the current structure was built.
Location. 30° 26.541′ N, 84° 16.956′ W. Marker is in Tallahassee, Florida, in Leon County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Park Avenue and W. Duval Street on W. Park Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tallahassee FL 32301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Presbyterian Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Leon County's American Revolutionary War Soldiers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old City Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Knott House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewis Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Major General David Lang (approx. 0.2 miles away); Prince And Princess Murat (approx. ¼ mile away); Florida Sri Chinmoy Peace State (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tallahassee.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2017. This page originally submitted on April 17, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 340 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 17, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.