Hampton, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Second Church at Kecoughtan
Erected 1950 by Virginia Conservation Commission. (Marker Number WY-89.)
Location. 37° 1.385′ N, 76° 20.076′ W. Marker is in Hampton, Virginia. Marker is on East Tyler Street 0.2 miles south of Settlers Landing Road (U.S. 60), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. The marker is located on the grounds of Hampton University, in front of the University Health Center. Marker is at or near this postal address: 55 East Tyler Street, Hampton VA 23668, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Hampton Indian Program (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Baptist Pierce (approx. 0.2 miles away); Camp Hamilton (approx. 0.2 miles away); Emancipation Oak (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hampton Institute (approx. ¼ mile away); a different Emancipation Oak (approx. ¼ mile away); Phoebus (approx. 0.4 miles away); William Claiborne (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hampton.
Regarding Second Church at Kecoughtan. The site of the church, owned by the St. John's Episcopal Church, is located behind the University Health Center.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study the First Church at Kecoughtan marker shown.
Also see . . . St. John's Episcopal Church, Hampton, VA: Our History. (Submitted on May 17, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 17, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 688 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 17, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.