Ooltewah in Hamilton County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
County of James
The Lost County of Tennessee
—1871 - 1919 —
Erected by the Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2A-88.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 4.301′ N, 85° 3.619′ W. Marker is in Ooltewah, Tennessee, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Street and Mulberry Street, on the right when traveling east on Church Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9508 Church Street, Ooltewah TN 37363, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Confederate Cemetery (approx. 4.1 miles away); Harrison Academy (approx. 5.3 miles away); Cleburne's Fort (approx. 5˝ miles away); Old Harrison (approx. Joseph Vann's Town (approx. 5.9 miles away); Bonny Oaks School (approx. 6.9 miles away); Tennessee Valley Railroad And Museum (approx. 8.3 miles away); Civil War "No Man's Land" (approx. 9 miles away).
Also see . . . James County History. (Submitted on May 23, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 23, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 330 times since then and 27 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 23, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.