Seven Corners in Fairfax County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 2000 by Department of Historic Resources. (Marker Number T-49.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Defenses of Washington marker series.
Location. 38° 52.2′ N, 77° 9.433′ W. Marker is in Seven Corners, Virginia, in Fairfax County. Marker is on Sleepy Hollow Road (County Route 613) south of Leesburg Pike (Virginia Route 7), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at the Seven Corners Fire Station, one block from Seven Corners. Sleepy Hollow Road is one of the seven roadways that makes up Seven Corners.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Taylor’s Tavern (approx. 0.3 miles away); Falls Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Taylor’s Tavern (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fairfax Chapel (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tallwood (approx. half a mile away); Dulin Methodist Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Southwest No. 8 Boundary Marker (approx. 0.6 miles away); Wren’s Tavern (approx. ¾ mile away).
Also see . . .
1. Where Was Fort Buffalo?. Monograph by Mark Doehnert. “Apparently construction started on the October, 4 1861 and was completed on October 24 and christened ‘Fort Buffalo.’ It was reported the Union Generals McClellan and McDowell and Brigadier General Wadsworth visited the Fort.” (Submitted on January 16, 2009.)
2. 1st Wisconsin Heavy Artillery at Fort Buffalo. Company K of the Wisconsin Second Infantry became Company A of the First Wisconsin Heavy Artillery after the retreat from 1st Manassas. The regiment was posted at Fort Buffalo in 1862 after the (Submitted on April 1, 2009, by Rob Aronson of Alexandria, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 23, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 27, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. This page has been viewed 4,055 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 27, 2008, by J. J. Prats of Powell, Ohio. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.