Near Jersey Shore in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
In memory of the following who lost their lives during the Indian raids in this region.
At Fort Antes, July 1777          At Fort Horn, July 1778
Zephaniah Miller,                       Robert Fleming,
Abel Cady,                                  Robert Donaldson,
James Armstrong,                       James McMichael.
Erected 1917 by The Pennsylvania Historical Commission and the Fort Antes Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Jersey Shore PA 17740, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Fort Antes (approx. one mile away); Pine Creek Presbyterian Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); Tiadaghton Elm (approx. 2.6 miles away); a different marker also named Pine Creek Presbyterian Church (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Great Island (was approx. 9.8 miles away but has been reported missing. ); World War Memorial (approx. 9.9 miles away); Bowman Field (approx. 10.3 miles away); Carl E. Stotz (approx. 10.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jersey Shore.
Also see . . . Fort Antes, Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. Fort Antes was erected by Lieut. Col. Henry Antes in 1778, about opposite Jersey Shore on the east side of Nippenose creek, and on the higher plateau overlooking it, and also the river. (Submitted on June 9, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Antes Fort.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 8, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 378 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 8, 2014, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of the plaque. Based on Google Street View it has been missing since October 2008. Multiple published sources refer to the plaque as being in a nearby museum. But none identify the specific museum • Can you help?