Buffalo Gap in Taylor County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Ernie Wilson Museum
Note cannon balls (marked by arrows) keying limestone blocks.
Erected 1964 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1497.)
Location. 32° 17.16′ N, 99° 49.655′ W. Marker is in Buffalo Gap, Texas, in Taylor County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of N. William Street and Elm Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located in Buffalo Gap Historic Village. Marker is at or near this postal address: 133 N. William St, Buffalo Gap TX 79508, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Taylor County (a few steps from this marker); Vicinity of Indian Fight (approx. 0.4 miles away); Town of Buffalo Gap (approx. 0.4 miles away); Buffalo Gap College (approx. 0.4 miles away); Buffalo Gap Cemetery (approx. 2 miles away); a different Taylor County (approx. 4.1 miles away); The Civilian Conservation Corps at Abilene State Park (approx. 4½ miles away); Cedar Gap Community (approx. 4½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buffalo Gap.
Also see . . . Tour the Buffalo Gap Historic Village. From the McWhiney History Education Group website. (Submitted on June 24, 2014.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 24, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 395 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 24, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. 4. submitted on June 23, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. 5, 6, 7. submitted on June 24, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.