Manti in Sanpete County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
John Patten House
John Patten House
The John Patten House was constructed c.1854 of limestone. John Patten came to Utah in 1850 and settled in Manti. He was active in community affairs serving as a representative to the Utah Territorial Legislature, Sheriff of Sanpete County and a member of the City Council. The vernacular style house is an excellent example of early pioneer stone construction in Utah. The house was acquired May 23, 1976 with the assistance of a grant from the Utah Bicentennial Commission and the help of Dr. Ruth Graham, a descendant of John Patten.
John Patten Jr. House
of the United States of America
and sponsored by the
Utah American Revolution Bicentennial Commission
and Manti Camp of D.U.P, Dr. Ruth M. Graham
and other donors
Erected by Division of State History and Utah American Revolution Bicentennial Commission. (Marker Number N-150.)
Location. Touch for map. Markers are mounted on the rear of the house. Marker is in this post office area: Manti UT 84642, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pioneer Memorial Cabin (a few steps from this marker); Manti City Hall (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Log Fort (approx. 0.2 miles away); Cox-Shoemaker-Parry House (approx. ¼ mile away); The Manti Temple (approx. 0.3 miles away); Manti Carnegie Library (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Manti Pioneers (approx. 0.4 miles away); Big Fort (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Manti.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 30, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 281 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on June 30, 2014, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.