Clarence in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1971 by Eire County Sesquicentennial Committee.
Location. 42° 57.895′ N, 78° 40.577′ W. Marker is in Clarence, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Main Street (New York State Route 5) near Nottingham Terrace, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is very close to the intersection of Harris Hill Road and Main Street. It is visible from Main Street but set back behind a driveway parallel to Main Street. Marker is in this post office area: Buffalo NY 14221, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. War of 1812 Cemetery (approx. 3 miles away); U. S. Barracks 1812 (approx. 3.1 miles away); Williamsville Christian Church (approx. 3.3 miles away); Williamsville Water Mill Clarence Center (approx. 3.6 miles away); Former Saint Mary of the Angels (approx. 3.6 miles away); SS. Peter & Paul Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); J. Eschelman and Company Store (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarence.
Also see . . . Harris Hill - Wikipedia. (Submitted on July 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 460 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 4, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.