Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Spring Hill in Williamson County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Hood and Schofield

November 29, 1864

 
 
Hood and Schofield Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 23, 2014
1. Hood and Schofield Marker
Inscription. About ½ mile east, Buford's Division of Forrest's Cavalry Corps drove in pickets from Opdyke's and Lane's Federal Brigades and contained their defenses, extending west to the railroad. Meanwhile, Stewart's Corps, marching north further eastward, with orders to bar the Nashville road, was halted by order from Hood. This caused the entire operation plan to fall, resulting in the Battles of Franklin and Nashville.
 
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commision. (Marker Number 3D 15.)
 
Location. 35° 45.591′ N, 86° 55.301′ W. Marker is in Spring Hill, Tennessee, in Williamson County. Marker is at the intersection of Columbia Pike (U.S. 31) and Miles Johnson Parkway, on the right when traveling north on Columbia Pike. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Spring Hill TN 37174, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Banks Caperton (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ewell Farm (approx. 0.8 miles away); Spring Hill, Tennessee ~ November 29, 1864 (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Town of Spring Hill, Tennessee (approx. 0.8 miles away); Martin Cheairs Home
Hood and Schofield Marker image. Click for full size.
By Don Morfe, April 23, 2014
2. Hood and Schofield Marker
(approx. one mile away); Branham and Hughes Military Academy (approx. one mile away); Nashville and Decatur Railroad (approx. 1.2 miles away); Left of the Union Defensive Position (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Spring Hill.
 
Categories. War, US Civil
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 5, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Md 21234. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement