Knowlton in Brome-Missisquoi MRC, Quebec — French Canadian Region
The Old Academy
La "Old Academy", bâtie en 1854 (St. Paul's Church High School), agrandie en 1867, et cede à la Société d'Histoire de Brome comme musée, pour honorer la mémoire de Paul-H. Knowlton, qui avait donné le terrain et le premier corps de logis.
The Old Academy built 1854 as St. Paul's Church High School, enlarged 1867, transferred 1903 to Brome Historical Society for museum, as a memorial to Paul Holland Knowlton, donor of the land and original building.
Erected by Commission des Monuments Historiques du Québec.
Location. 45° 13.168′ N, 72° 30.48′ W. Marker is in Knowlton, Quebec, in Brome-Missisquoi MRC. Marker can be reached from Lakeside (Quebec Route 243) 0.1 kilometers north of Victoria Street. Touch for map. Marker is attached to the side of the Paul Holland Knowlton House on the grounds of the Brome County Historical Society museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 140 Lakeside Street, Knowlton, Quebec J0E 1V0, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 13 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Tibbits Hill School (approx. 3.5 kilometers away); Former Bolton Township Hall (approx. 12 kilometers away).
Regarding The Old Academy.
Also see . . . Brome County Historical Society website. (Submitted on July 7, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.)
Additional keywords. Lac Brome; Knowlton Academy
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 261 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.