Miami in Miami-Dade County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Housekeepers Club met in the schoolhouse and later at Union Chapel before 1897. In that year the group built its own wooden clubhouse on property donated by Ralph M. Munroe. The present building of pine masonry and native rock was constructed in 1921. At each location the club maintained its active involvement in the civic, social, and cultural aspects of the community.
On March 17, 1957, the Housekeepers Club became the Woman's Club of Coconut Grove. Chartered by the State of Florida in 1897, the club is federated with the General, Florida, and Dade County Federations of Women's Clubs.
Erected by Women's Club of Coconut Grove and the Historical Association of Southern Florida.
Location. 25° 43.603′ N, 80° 14.39′ W. Marker is in Miami, Florida, in Miami-Dade County. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2985 S Bayshore Dr, Miami FL 33133, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Coconut Grove Library (within shouting distance of this marker); The Barnacle (approx. 0.2 miles away); Charles Avenue (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dinner Key (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ransom School (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Historic Coconut Grove Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Cocoanut Grove Public Utilities Company (approx. 0.6 miles away); Churches (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Miami.
Also see . . .
1. Housekeepers Club of Coconut Grove. City of Miami Planning Department. (Submitted on July 9, 2014.)
2. Woman's Club of Coconut Grove History. (Submitted on July 9, 2014.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Settlements & Settlers • Women •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 26, 2017. This page originally submitted on July 8, 2014, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. This page has been viewed 326 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 8, 2014, by Marsha A. Matson of Palmetto Bay, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.