Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Carver in Carver County, Minnesota — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Minnesota Valley Oil Co.

1925

 
 
Minnesota Valley Oil Co. Plaque image. Click for full size.
By K. Linzmeier, May 5, 2014
1. Minnesota Valley Oil Co. Plaque
Inscription.
Carver Historic District
has been placed on the
National Register
of Historic Places

by the United States
Department of the Interior
Minnesota Valley Oil Co.
1925

 
Erected by the City of Carver Heritage Preservation Commission.
 
Location. 44° 45.749′ N, 93° 37.472′ W. Marker is in Carver, Minnesota, in Carver County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway Street (County Highway 40) and Main Street West (County Highway 40), on the right when traveling south on Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Broadway Street, Carver MN 55315, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stephen Kult Clothing Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Church by-the River, Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Funk Hardware Store (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Trinity Lutheran Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Van De Veire Knoll (approx. 0.3 miles away); Little Rapids Fur Post
Minnesota Valley Oil Company Gas Station image. Click for full size.
By K. Linzmeier, May 5, 2014
2. Minnesota Valley Oil Company Gas Station
Carver Historic District
National Register of Historic Places #80001960
Listed January 4, 1980
(The plaque can be seen at the front right corner of the building.)
(approx. 1 miles away); Brinkhaus Livery Stable (approx. 2.1 miles away); City Square Park (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carver.
 
Also see . . .
1. Carver Historic District. 200 Broadway, Minnesota Valley Oil Company Gas Station. "Built about 1925, it was once a busy Minnesota Valley Oil Company gasoline station with an office and canopy. The Minnesota Valley Oil Company was incorporated about 1925 by Carver investors L. H. Scherkenbach, Ernest W. Lenzen, George H. Deitz, Robert A. Johnson, Julius E. Schmidt, Charles E. Dauwalter, George F. Hebeisen, Robert P. Wetter, O. R. Treibel, Mary Scherkenbach, and Evelyn Fink. In 1945 the Minnesota Valley Oil company group sold the station to James J. Pauly... Restoration of the gasoline station by Gregg and Meg Witt took place in 2006." (Submitted on July 11, 2014.) 

2. Carver Historic District National Register Nomination. (Submitted on November 30, 2014.)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 11, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 385 times since then and 57 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 11, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.
Paid Advertisement