Evans in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Major William C. Dudley
First Teacher of the Evans Center School
Erected 1969 by Town of Evans Historical Society.
Location. 42° 39.464′ N, 79° 2.064′ W. Marker is in Evans, New York, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and Erie Road (New York State Route 5), on the right when traveling east on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is located at the rear parking lot entrance to the Town of Evans Historical Society and 1857 School House Museum. Marker is set back on North Main Street from the corner of NY Route 5. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8351 Erie Road, Angola NY 14006, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of First Town Hall (approx. ¼ mile away); Burial Site of Asa Ames / Pioneer Cemetery 1810-1928 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of "Bundy's Mill" (approx. 1.1 miles away); "Angola Horror" (approx. 1.1 miles away); Birthplace of Willis Haviland Carrier Dedicated to the Memory (approx. 1.4 miles away); The White City (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Historic First Church of Evans (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Evans.
Also see . . . Town of Evans Hisorical Society and 1857 School House Museum. (Submitted on July 13, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Education • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 13, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 249 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13. submitted on July 13, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.