Elkhart in Elkhart County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Elkhart County Revolutionary Soldiers Memorial
The William Tuffs Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
In Honor of the Revolutionary Soldiers
Buried in Elkhart County
William Tuffs • Walter Denny • John Proctor • Jacob Leer • John R. Cathcart
Dedicated July 4, 1932
Rededicated July 4, 2004
Erected 1932 by William Tuffs Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 41.093′ N, 85° 58.444′ W. Marker is in Elkhart, Indiana, in Elkhart County. Marker is at the intersection of S. 2nd Street and W. High Street, on the left when traveling north on S. 2nd Street. Marker is located at northwest corner of intersection next to the City of Elkhart Municipal Building. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elkhart IN 46516, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. E. Hill Turnock (a few steps from this marker); Elkhart Carnegie Public Library Elkhart High School (a few steps from this marker); Charles Gordone (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Franklin L. Miles (approx. 0.2 miles away); Bucklen Opera House (approx. ¼ mile away); Elkhart River Wharves (approx. 0.4 miles away); C.G. Conn Company (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. The related marker is a memorial to William Tuffs located in the Bonneyville Cemetery.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Elkhart County Revolutionary Soldiers Memorial.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 17, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 393 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 17, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.