Tuolumne in Tuolumne County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Westside Flume & Lumber Company
1889 - 1962
In 1925 Westside was sold to Pickering Lumber Co. and after the Depression in 1934 Westside was back in control and continued to operate until April 19, 1962 when a strike and a devastating fire shut the mill down for the last time.
Erected 2004 by E Clampus Vitus, Matuca Chapter 1849.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 37° 57.873′ N, 120° 14.663′ W. Marker is in Tuolumne, California, in Tuolumne County. Marker is on Tuolumne Road (County Road E17) 6.4 miles from Mono Way (Old Highway 108), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Tuolumne CA 95379, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. West Side Memorial Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tuolumne Memorial Hall (approx. 0.4 miles away); Tuolumne (formerly called Summersville) The Joseph Lord House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Hose Cart House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Cherokee (approx. 1.1 miles away); Ralph’s Station (approx. 1.4 miles away); Soulsbyville (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tuolumne.
Categories. • Horticulture & Forestry • Industry & Commerce • Natural Resources •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 3, 2008, by Richard Wisehart of Sonora, California. This page has been viewed 2,279 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 3, 2008, by Richard Wisehart of Sonora, California. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.