Silver Spring in Montgomery County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Silver Spring B & O Railroad Station
The trains began operation on the B&O line in 1873 and the original Silver Spring train station was built in 1878. This ornate building, designed by E. Francis Baldwin, stood until 1945 and was replaced the a station in the Colonial Revival Style.
Location. 38° 59.363′ N, 77° 1.746′ W. Marker is in Silver Spring, Maryland, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Newell Street. Touch for map. Marker is in Acorn Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8060 Newell St, Silver Spring MD 20910, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Silver Spring Armory 1914 (here, next to this marker); Early's Raid on Washington (here, next to this marker); Blair House (a few steps from this marker); Silver Spring Shopping Center (a few steps from this marker); The Silver Spring (within shouting The Community of Silver Spring (within shouting distance of this marker); Blair Mansion: Silver Spring / Blair Station Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); Canada Dry Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Silver Spring.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 37 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 31, 2014, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.