Arlington in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Sloan-Journey Expedition of 1838
This marker was relocated to River Legacy Parks in 2003.
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4950.)
Location. 32° 47.319′ N, 97° 6.002′ W. Marker is in Arlington, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker can be reached from River Leagcy Park Trail 0.2 miles west of North Collins Street (Farm to Market Road 157), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located on the hike & bike trail, near the West Fork Trinity River bridge. Marker is in this post office area: Arlington TX 76011, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Bird's Fort (here, Site of Arlington Downs Racetrack (approx. 3.3 miles away); Carver Dixon King (approx. 3.3 miles away); Booker T. Washington School (approx. 3.4 miles away); Bankhead Highway Through Arlington (approx. 3.5 miles away); Arlington Downs Racetrack and Fountain (approx. 3.6 miles away); Harrison Cemetery (approx. 4.5 miles away); Alexander Dobkins Family Cemetery (approx. 4.5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Arlington.
More about this marker. The marker was previously located at the intersection of Mosier Valley Rd & FM 157.
Categories. • Exploration • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2014, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 348 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 31, 2014, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.