Genesee Falls in Wyoming County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Civilian Conservation Corps marker series.
Location. 42° 35.464′ N, 78° 0.627′ W. Marker is in Genesee Falls, New York, in Wyoming County. Marker is on Cabin Areas A and B Road 1.2 miles east of the North-South Main Park Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located within Letchworh State Park. Marker is on the road to cabin areas A and B and the CCC statue. It is not a through road. The road to the marker is off the main north-south park road between the Visitor Center and the Castile Entrance to the park. Pass cabin area B and the closed swimming pool. It is before cabin area A. Marker is in this post office area: Castile NY 14427, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lower Falls Camp SP-49 (within shouting distance of this marker); William Pryor Letchworth 1823 - 1910 Civil War Parade Ground (approx. 1.2 miles away); Camp Portage (approx. 1.2 miles away); First New York Dragoons / 136th New York Infantry (approx. 1.2 miles away); Genesee Valley Canal (approx. 1.3 miles away); This Ancient Seneca Council House (approx. 1.7 miles away); To the Memory of Mary Jemison (approx. 1.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Genesee Falls.
Also see . . .
1. Letchworth State Park - New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. (Submitted on August 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
2. Explore Letchworth Park History. (Submitted on August 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Environment •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 244 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 3, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.