Elkhart in Elkhart County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Elkhart River Old Indian Trail
From the time of the French and Indian War in 1755 to 1763, up to the settlement of this section in 1830, this trail was the main thoroughfare between Ft. Wayne, Indiana, and Niles, Michigan, where these forts were then located.
To preserve and perpetuate the record of the old trail, this marker has been erected in the Year of 1935, by the Elkhart Historical Society of Elkhart, Indiana
Erected 1935 by Elkhart Historical Society.
Location. 41° 41.445′ N, 85° 57.652′ W. Marker is in Elkhart, Indiana, in Elkhart County. Marker can be reached from E. Jackson Boulevard east of Marine Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Elkhart IN 46516, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. C.G. Conn Company (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Rivers for Industry (approx. half a mile away); Village of Pulaski (approx. half a mile away); The Rivers and the Native Americans Silas Baldwin Civil War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); The Rivers for Recreation (approx. half a mile away); Island Park (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ruthmere (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Elkhart.
Categories. • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 15, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 15, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.