Cincinnati in Hamilton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Outpost on the Ohio Frontier
—Anthony Wayne campsite —
Henry and Mary Tucker returned to this farm in 1794. The Station House was completed and was to be used as a fort in case of Indian attack.
Worship services were conducted in the Station House and later in neighboring cabins. The result was the organization of The Springfield Baptist Church in 1798, now known as Landmark Baptist Temple.
The Tuckers were buried not far from this point in the rich soil from which they helped carve an empire.
This marker is erected to the memory of Henry and Mary Turker whowere among the first settlers in Ohio.
Erected 1966 by Historical Committee - - Landmark Baptist Temple.
Location. 39° 15.737′ N, 84° 27.039′ W. Marker is in Cincinnati, Ohio, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of Chester Road and Oak Road, on the left when traveling Touch for map. Sharon Road west from exit 15 on I-75, then south on Chester Road. Marker is on left about 1/2 mile south, in front of a ball field. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1099 Oak Road, Cincinnati OH 45215, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Village of Glendale (approx. ¾ mile away); Morgan's Confederates Arrive from Springdale (approx. 0.8 miles away); First Children's International Summer Village (approx. 0.8 miles away); Robert Reily (approx. 2.7 miles away); White's Station (approx. 4.3 miles away); Jediah Hill Covered Bridge (approx. 5.1 miles away); Pleasant Ridge - World War One Marker (approx. 5.7 miles away); Manning Ferguson Force Memorial (approx. 7.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cincinnati.
More about this marker. there are two markers at this site
Additional keywords. General Anthony Wayne
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 297 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 16, 2014, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.