Heathsville in Northumberland County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Northumberland Courthouse Square
This site first patented in 1663 was the site of the first courthouse built c.1681. The present courthouse built in 1851 is the third on this site.
Erected 1987 by Lettice Lee Chapter, The National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century.
Location. 37° 55.021′ N, 76° 28.353′ W. Marker is in Heathsville, Virginia, in Northumberland County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Northumberland Highway (U.S. 360) and Monument Place, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Heathsville VA 22473, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Northumberland County Confederate Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Freedom for Slaves of Robert Carter III (within shouting distance of this marker); Rice’s Hotel, Hughlett’s Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Stephen’s Parish (approx. 0.2 miles away); John Heath (approx. half a mile away); Northumberland House and Mantua (approx. 1.4 miles away); British Raids on the Coan River (approx. 2.1 miles away); Coan Baptist Church (approx. 2.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Heathsville.
Also see . . . Northumberland County courthouse is in Heathsville, Virginia. Virginia Courthouses (Submitted on August 21, 2014.)
Categories. • Politics • Settlements & Settlers • War, Korean • War, Vietnam • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 6, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 339 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 21, 2014, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.