Richmond, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
to mark the site where lie
the mortal remains of
Born 1726 - Died 1806
Jurist and Statesman
Teacher of Randolph
Jefferson and Marshall
First Professor of Law
in the United States
First Virginia signer of the
Declaration of Independence
Patriotic citizens of Virginia
Erected 1922 by Patriotic citizens of Virginia.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Signers of the Declaration of Independence marker series.
Location. 37° 31.881′ N, 77° 25.193′ W. Marker is in Richmond, Virginia. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Broad Street and North 24th Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2401 East Broad Street, Richmond VA 23223, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Welcome to Historic St. John’s Church (within shouting distance of this marker); St. John’s Church (within Saint John’s Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Adams-Van Lew House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Wyndham Bolling Blanton, M. D. (about 300 feet away); British Invasion of Richmond, January 1781 (about 300 feet away); 2307 E. Broad Street (about 400 feet away); Confederate (Second) Alabama Hospital (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richmond.
Also see . . .
1. St. John's Church. (Submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
2. Biography of George Wythe. The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation (Submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Colonial Era • Notable Persons • Patriots & Patriotism •
More. Search the internet for George Wythe.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 920 times since then and 35 times this year. Last updated on August 25, 2014, by Michael Umberger of Williamsburg, Virginia. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 5, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.