Okmulgee in Okmulgee County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1949 by Oklahoma Historical Society & State Highway Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Oklahoma Historical Society marker series.
Location. 35° 37.385′ N, 95° 58.336′ W. Marker is in Okmulgee, Oklahoma, in Okmulgee County. Marker is at the intersection of West 6th Street (State Highway 56) and South Morton Avenue, on the right when traveling east on West 6th Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of the Old Creek Capitol building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West 6th Street, Okmulgee OK 74447, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Samuel Checote (here, next to this marker); Henryetta War Memorial (approx. 12.7 miles away).
Categories. • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2014, by Michael Manning of Woodlawn, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 298 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 27, 2014, by Michael Manning of Woodlawn, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?