Chattanooga in Hamilton County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
First Methodist Church
part of the First Methodist Church
started in 1881 and dedicated in
1885 by the congregation. Worship
services were held here until January
1967 when the congregation merged
with Centenary Methodist Church.
Location. 35° 2.871′ N, 85° 18.413′ W. Marker is in Chattanooga, Tennessee, in Hamilton County. Marker is on Georgia Avenue south of McCallie Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. This historical marker is located just above a short stone wall, that is part of the church grounds' landscaping, and is situated along a public sidewalk that runs through Phillips Park, from McCallie Avenue to Georgia Avenue. Marker is in this post office area: Chattanooga TN 37402, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Abby Crawford Milton (here, next to this marker); Military History of Chattanooga (within shouting distance of this marker); First Coca-Cola Bottling Company In The United States (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); William (Uncle Bill) Lewis (about 800 feet away); William "Uncle Bill" Lewis Martin Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chattanooga's First School (approx. 0.2 miles away); Chattanooga Daily Rebel (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chattanooga.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2014, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 260 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 27, 2014, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.