Wabash in Wabash County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Quarters of Captain Frederick R. Kintner
Head of Military Guard
Guards were provided shelter when in camp, sufficient ration of beef and bread or flour with salt, and one gill (one-fourth pint) of liquor per day.
They were compensated for their services a sum of money not less than fifty cents and not more than one dollar per day of service.
In the fall of 1827, Kintner and his brother James Kintner located a saddle and harness making business on the north side of the Wabash River. It was located near a small stream that is presently known as Kintner Creek.
Location. 40° 47.832′ N, 85° 48.954′ W. Marker is in Wabash, Indiana, in Wabash County. Marker can be reached from E. Market Street 0.2 miles from S. Allen Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in the northern part of Paradise Spring Park west of the parking lot; the above directions are to the driveway to the park’s northeast parking lot. Marker is in this post office area: Wabash IN 46992, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Quarters of Major General John Tipton (here, next to this marker); Quarters of Lewis Cass (a few steps from this marker); Quarters of James B. Ray Council House (within shouting distance of this marker); Treaty of 1826 Meeting Camp (within shouting distance of this marker); Storage Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); Cook's Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); The Big Four Railroad (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wabash.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 217 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 27, 2014, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.