Neillsville in Clark County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
has been recognized as a
Wisconsin Centennial Property
Build 1891 for Decatur and Kate Dickinson
Purchased December 1912 by Marcus and Katherine Hoesly
Transferred March 1932 to daughter Ann Hoesly
Transferred March 1985 to nephew Allan Hoesly
Current owner and grandson of Marcus and Katherine
Erected by the Neillsville Historic Preservation Commission.
Location. 44° 33.577′ N, 90° 35.59′ W. Marker is in Neillsville, Wisconsin, in Clark County. Marker is on State Street south of East 5th Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 411 State Street, Neillsville WI 54456, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1897 Clark County Jail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Major General Clarence L. Sturdevant (approx. 0.2 miles away); Neillsville Post Office (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1919 Case Steam Engine (approx. half a mile away); Neillsville Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away); The White Pine in Neillsville History (approx. 0.8 miles away); Clark County Moraines (approx. 3.3 miles away); National Native American Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Neillsville.
Also see . . .
1. Wisconsin Historical Society. National or State Registers Record. "Dickinson became a very successful general merchant, who supported the booming logging industry.... His house would cost an unheard of five thousand dollars." (Submitted on September 1, 2014.)
2. Wisconsin Historical Society. Architecture and History Inventory. (Submitted on September 1, 2014.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 272 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 1, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.