Rincon in Effingham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Historic Taverns on this Road
Four miles south on this road, another famous tavern, "Martin Dasher`s Old Public House," stood for many years. Martin Dasher himself operated the tavern as early as the Revolution, and it was still in operation, a regular stop on the Stage Road, in 1816.
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 051-9.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the George Washington Slept Here, and the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 21.014′ N, 81° 13.277′ W. Marker is in Rincon, Georgia, in Effingham County. Marker is at the intersection of Ebenezer Road (State Highway 275) and Rincon-Stillwell Rd, on the right on Ebenezer Road. Touch for map. Located about 2 miles east of Ga 21. Marker is in this post office area: Rincon GA 31326, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Jerusalem (Ebenezer) Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); Old Ebenezer (approx. The Salzburgers (approx. 2.7 miles away); Old River Road (approx. 2.8 miles away); March to the Sea: Ebenezer Creek (approx. 2.8 miles away); William Bartram Trail (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Rev. John Martin Bolzius -The Rev. Israel Christian Gronau (approx. 2.8 miles away); The Town of Ebenezer (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rincon.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 14, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,921 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 14, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.