Columbus in Colorado County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Early Site of Doctor Logue's Drugstore
The store, operated on various sites, is now on Bowie Street.
Erected 1973 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1237.)
Location. 29° 42.33′ N, 96° 32.348′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Texas, in Colorado County. Marker is at the intersection of Travis Street and Spring Street, on the right when traveling north on Travis Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbus TX 78934, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Stage Lines Through Columbus (within shouting distance of this marker); Tumlinson Family (within shouting distance of this marker); The Rangers of Austin's Colony 1890 Cornerstone Ceremony (within shouting distance of this marker); Stafford-Miller House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); District Court Tree (about 300 feet away); Columbus Waterworks (about 400 feet away); Confederate Memorial Museum (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 392 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.