Gacioch Family Alumni and Admissions Center
Originally named Our Lady of Angels Faculty House, the Gacioch Family Alumni and Admission Center is home to Niagara University's Offices of Advancement, Admissions, Alumni, and Public Relations/Marketing. The building originally opened in 1926, and it was rededicated in 1967 in honor of the Rev. Francis L. Meade, C.M. (1894-1958), the 16th president of the University (1947 to 1957). The building served as the primary residence for the Vincentian Community until the opening of the Vincentian Residence in 2008.
The building is now named in honor of William Garioch,'61 and his family. As a freshman, Bill Garioch was selected to participate in the university's work-study program. Assigned to Meade Hall, he waited tables and manned the switchboard for four years. This job afforded him the opportunity to complete his education at Niagara, which has propelled him to personal and professional success.
Erected by Niagara University.
Location. 43° 8.181′ N, 79° 2.411′ W. Marker is in Lewiston, New York, in Niagara County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Lewiston Road (New York State Route 104) and Hyde Park Boulevard (New York State Route 61). Touch for map. Marker is on the campus of Niagara
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lynch Hall (1927), O'Donoughue Hall (1909) (within shouting distance of this marker); Bailo Hall (1992) (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Seminary of Our Lady of Angels (about 600 feet away); St. Vincent's Hall (about 600 feet away); Alumni Hall / Chapel (about 700 feet away); Clet Hall, Marillac Hall, Laboure Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Memory of Thomas F. Hopkins (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dunleavy Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
More about this marker. There is no parking on Lewiston Road. Vincentian Drive is the circle in front of the building. University Drive is the entrance road at the NY 61/NY 104 intersection.
Also see . . . Niagara University. (Submitted on September 18, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 18, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 265 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 18, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.