Mainstockheim in Landkreis Kitzingen, Bavaria, Germany — Southern Germany (Scarplands and Alpine Region)
Dieses Gebäude, erbaut 1836, diente der jüdischen Kultusgemeinde als Synagoge. Die Gemeinde gedenkt ihrer ehemaligen jüdischen Mitbürger.
Zur Erinnerung und Mahnung!
This building, constructed in 1836, served the Jewish community as a synagogue. The municipality commemorates its former Jewish citizens. Commemorate and Remember!
Location. 49° 46.51′ N, 10° 9.084′ E. Marker is in Mainstockheim, Bavaria, in Landkreis Kitzingen. Marker is on An der Synagoge west of Hauptstrasse. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: An der Synagoge 9, Mainstockheim, Bavaria 97320, Germany.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Bacchus Inn (approx. 3 kilometers away); Dettelbach Synagogue (approx. 3 kilometers away); Dettelbach City Hall (approx. 3.1 kilometers away); Kirche Mariä Schutz / Church of the Assumption (approx. 10.5 kilometers away); Iphofen City Hall (approx. 11.1 kilometers away); Mainbernheimer Gate (approx. 11.1 kilometers away); Ebracher House (approx. 11.1 kilometers away); Peter Geist (approx. 11.3 kilometers away).
More about this marker. The marker
Also see . . . The Mainstockheim Synagogue. Alemannia-judaica.de's German-languange page for the synagogue. Its history (in translation):... A new synagogue was built in 1836 in Mainstockheim, replacing an older one of uncertain age, with the contents of the old synagogue taken to the new one. The new synagogue windows show a characteristic round arched style from the period of the 1830s. The synagogue building also contained the parish hall of the Jewish community, the ritual bath, and the Jewish elementary school. In December, 1936 the Jewish community celebrated the synagogue's 100th anniversary …. (Submitted on September 25, 2014.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on December 19, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 25, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 292 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 25, 2014, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.