Wisconsin Dells in Columbia County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Bailey’s Eddy – Municipal Dock
Location. 43° 37.653′ N, 89° 46.638′ W. Marker is in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, in Columbia County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway Street (State Highway 16/23) and Eddy Street, on the right when traveling west on Broadway Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wisconsin Dells WI 53965, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kilbourn City (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bailey's Landing (about 400 feet away); H. H. Bennett Studio (about 700 feet away); Stroud Bank (approx. 0.2 miles away); Stanton Peter Helland (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wisconsin Dells (approx. 0.4 miles away); Korean and Vietnam Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); World War I Roll of Honor (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wisconsin Dells.
Also see . . . History and Origin of Wisconsin Dells. "When the railroad arrived in 1857, the new village established at the point where the tracks crossed the Wisconsin River, was named Kilbourn City in honor of the railroad's president - but locals and visitors alike never stopped referring to the area as the "Dells". In 1931, the city of Kilbourn officially changed its name to Wisconsin Dells." (Submitted on May 17, 2008.)
Categories. • Landmarks • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 17, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 1,376 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 17, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. 4. submitted on February 7, 2010, by Thomas Onions of Olathe, Kansas. 5. submitted on May 17, 2008, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.