Near Pilsen in Kewaunee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
George Halada Farmstead
The brick veneer residence, built by George Halada circa 1878, is an excellent example of an Italianate style building popular with Bohemian settlers in this area. Several of the horizontal log farm buildings are in near original form and pre-date the home.
The farmstead consists of 118 acres, and has been sold through family lines to the present owners. It was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1992.
Erected 1995 by the Kewaunee County Historical Society.
Location. 44° 27.47′ N, 87° 42.842′ W. Marker is near Pilsen, Wisconsin, in Kewaunee County. Marker is on County Highway F 0.6 miles east of County Highway V, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is 1.6 driving miles north of Pilsen, or approximately 7 driving miles south of Luxemburg. Marker is at or near this postal address: E1113 County Highway F, Luxemburg WI 54217, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Rogation Shrines (approx. 3.4 miles away); South Luxemburg (approx. 5.1 miles away); Voie de la Liberte (approx. 5.1 miles away); Dikeman Bank of Luxemburg (approx. 5.7 miles away); The Old Mill (approx. 7.6 miles away); Kewaunee County Lime Kilns (approx. 8.1 miles away); St. Joseph's Church (approx. 8.1 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Wisconsin Historical Society. Property Record. (Submitted on October 2, 2014.)
2. Wisconsin Historical Society. National or State Registers Record. (Submitted on October 2, 2014.)
3. George Halada Farmstead. Wikimedia Commons photograph. (Submitted on October 2, 2014.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 259 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 2, 2014, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.