Concord in Merrimack County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
Mary Baker Eddy
1821 - 1910
While living at her "Pleasant View" home (1892 - 1908) once on this site, Mrs. Eddy founded The First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston, Mass., headquarters of the Christian Science movement. From "Pleasant View" some six miles from her birthplace in Bow, she guided its worldwide activities and gained fame as a religious leader and writer. The buildings erected on this site in 1927 served as a home for retired Christian Science practitioners and nurses until 1975.
Erected by New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources. (Marker Number 105.)
Location. 43° 11.76′ N, 71° 33.534′ W. Marker is in Concord, New Hampshire, in Merrimack County. Marker is at the intersection of Pleasant Street / Franklin Pierce Highway (U.S. 202) and Rum Hill Road on Pleasant Street / Franklin Pierce Highway. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Concord NH 03301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. This Monument is in Memory of Samuel Bradley (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lafayette Posts (approx. In Honor of Those (approx. 0.9 miles away); Sunset Baseball (approx. one mile away); White Park (approx. one mile away); Fletcher-Murphy Park (approx. 1.1 miles away); A Gift from Mary Baker G. Eddy (approx. 1.2 miles away); George Hamilton Perkins (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Also see . . . Life of Mary Baker Eddy. (Submitted on August 21, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Women •
More. Search the internet for Mary Baker Eddy.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 21, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 315 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on October 8, 2014, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 21, 2014, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.