Louisburg in Franklin County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Opened in 1857 on the site of the Franklin Academy, chartered 1787. Now a Methodist Junior College, coeducational.
Erected 1940 by State Historical Commission. (Marker Number E 26.)
Location. 36° 6.248′ N, 78° 17.849′ W. Marker is in Louisburg, North Carolina, in Franklin County. Marker is on North Main Street (County Route 1229) north of College Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 501 North Main Street, Louisburg NC 27549, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Franklin's Confederate Soldiers Monument (a few steps from this marker); Camp Site for Sherman's Army (within shouting distance of this marker); Franklin Male Academy Building (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Richard Warfington (approx. half a mile away); John Williamson (approx. 0.9 miles away); Moses A. Hopkins (approx. 9 miles away); Confederate Cemetery (approx. 11.6 miles away); The Glass House (approx. 11.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Louisburg.
Also see . . . Louisburg College. (Submitted on October 12, 2014.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 292 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 11, 2014, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.